- Stress ethnic or racial identity over national identity.
- Tell the young that their hopes of succeeding are hollow because the entire system is rigged against them.
- Celebrate anti-heroes and mock real heroes.
- Push self-esteem over hard work.
- Favor timidity over courage.
- Foster instant gratification.
- Replace conversations with brief and quickly-issued judgments.
- Limit freedom of speech.
- Expand envy.
- Decrease gratitude.
- Shrink attention-spans.
- Denounce people for not meeting impossible standards.
- Rarely give the benefit of the doubt.
- Make politics a religion.
- Seek utopia.
Monday, August 02, 2021
How to Sink a Nation
Posted by Michael Wade at 4:30 AM