- Learning to forgive others as well as yourself.
- Acting happy even when you don't feel happy.
- Going for base hits rather than home runs.
- Giving credit where credit is due.
- Making sure that each decade brings a sizable increase in your bank of wisdom.
- Doing good deeds that no one will know of.
- Making courtesy part of your personality.
- Being reflective at least once a day.
- Getting to know yourself.
- Being grateful.
- Honing your memory.
- Remembering that not all eyes are on you.
- Caring while making regular deposits in your zone of indifference.
- Avoiding meaningless actions.
- Showing up and doing the work.
- Attributing no special virtues to either the powerful or the powerless, the smooth or the famous.
- Respecting people as individuals, not as members of groups.
- Pushing back against cheap thought and fads.
- Maintaining your independence.
- Being willing to die for certain principles.
- Recognizing that there is a far greater power in the universe.
Saturday, December 22, 2012
21 Habits to Make Life Better
Posted by Michael Wade at 3:30 AM