- "This worked before" can be frighteningly close to "We've always done it that way."
- Since planning for an adversary's likely course of action makes sense, it also makes sense that a wise adversary won't take that route.
- A competitor that heavily puts resources into one area may be doing so to lure you away from the territory in which you pose the greatest threat.
- Success with the apple does not mean the orange will be easy.
- Enthusiasm can be a force-multiplier. It can also be a blindfold.
- Assumptions should have expiration dates.
- Periodically make sure that everyone is using the same map and the same dictionary.
[Photo by Jean-Frederic Fortier at Unsplash]