The project report will have several drafts. That was always expected. It will be reviewed by a diverse group of people. Each individual will bring special perspectives and expertise.
Key questions will be:
- What to leave out?
- What is the tone?
- What is the theme?
- Are there any words or phrases which may distract readers from the main message?
- What do we definitely want to have in the report?
- If those who read the final copy only remember one thing, which message do we want it to be?
- Will any parts be quickly outdated?
- What are the likely avenues of attacks?
- What will the most severe critics say? [Have we prepared for those responses?]
- Once the report is released, what will we need to be prepared for?
- Are we flexible enough to handle issues we have not anticipated?