- "Once upon a time there was an obscure company that built an excellent mouse trap. Despite no advertising whatsoever, the world beat a path to its door."
- "Once upon a time, an organization appointed a person with no significant managerial experience to the position of chief executive officer and, lo and behold, the person did an outstanding job."
- "Once upon a time, an oral board considered two candidates - one who was the highest qualified but reserved and another who was above average but well-liked - and chose the first."
- "Once upon a time, a manager told his employees that if they were ever uncomfortable with any comments made in the workplace, they should just speak up and people would back off, and people did speak up and people did back off."
- "Once upon a time, people complained because the staff meetings were too short."
- "Once upon a time, a company president walked through a factory and during the walk, as the president glanced about, no one's behavior changed."
- "Once upon a time, a person said, 'This will take just a minute,' and it did."
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Posted by Michael Wade at 6:36 AM