- Do what you say you will do.
- Follow-up on matters.
- If you cannot fulfill a commitment, immediately notify the other person and explain why.
- Don't parse words.
- Show that you care.
- Avoid insincerity.
- Avoid overstatements.
- Check the facts.
- Be methodical and objective.
- Don't blame others for your mistakes.
- Consider the appearance of your conduct.
- Don't underestimate the cost of weasel-like behavior.
- Consider The Golden Rule.
- Don't claim that others have done worse things.
- Avoid convoluted explanations.
- Be honest with others and with yourself.
- Be able to give a candid description of your motives in one sentence. If that makes you uncomfortable, consider why.
- Don't think you can talk your way out of a credibility gap.
Monday, November 25, 2013
Tips for Achieving and Maintaining Credibility
Posted by Michael Wade at 4:00 AM