[Photo by Clay Banks at Unsplash]
It's easy to make a list of famous novels one hasn't read but how about the ones you seriously intend to read?
Here is my partial list. Feel free to add your own:
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Haven't read it but have cynical friends who say it is worthwhile.
- Ulysses by James Joyce. Why? Because I want to see if it merits all of those high ratings.
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. This is a major oversight on my part.
- Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. I have this on the list but remain skeptical of my willingness to finish it. Too many people liked it in college.
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. The title alone has my interest.
I was going to add On the Road by Jack Kerouac but then stopped. I seriously doubt if I'll ever read it.