[Note: I first posted this on January 23, 2017.]
It does not pay to:
- Be too clever.
- View life solely in a rear-view mirror.
- Keep score on who did what for whom.
- Speak without a filter.
- Assume that your interpretation is the only reasonable one.
- Mention a minor fault.
- Worry about matters that are beyond your control.
- Store grievances.
- Operate on unexamined assumptions.
- Think that time moves slowly.
- Rely on magical solutions.
- Compose speeches while others are talking.
- Ignore your homework.
- Level frequent criticism at others and at yourself.
- Believe that good intentions excuse poor results.