- Not applying to a large number of employers.
- Submitting cover letter and vita material that contains errors.
- Ignoring major employers such as the federal, state, and local governments.
- Failing to research an employer prior to the job interview.
- Having unrealistic salary expectations.
- Not going through a mock interview prior to the real one.
- Preparing for complicated questions and overlooking obvious ones such as, "Why do you want this job?" and "Why should we hire you?"
- Dressing inappropriately for the interview.
- Failing to put the interviewer at ease.
- Focusing on what the employer can do for them instead of what they can do for the employer.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
10 Common Mistakes of Job Applicants
Posted by Michael Wade at 7:42 AM