- The ones who want political office the most may be the ones who deserve it the least.
- We'll never know how many Churchills and de Gaulles went into the political wilderness and never found their way back.
- In most cases, it is wiser to fear cozy agreement more than gridlock.
- Reporters and politicians should not socialize.
- Beware of any judge who lets personal feelings replace the law.
- A journalist who claims that objectivity is impossible should not be a journalist.
- Some of the most evil political movements in history were started by young idealists.
- The subject of government is not a science and universities look foolish when they pretend that it is.
- The best approach to government is to assume that the best people will seldom be in control and not to trust them if they are.
- Any organization whose basic power depends upon the ability to physically coerce people bears watching.
Friday, March 24, 2017
Thoughts about Politics
Posted by Michael Wade at 4:00 AM