If you do ...
- One important thing today, that will put this day far ahead of days when you hoped to achieve much but scattered your focus on trivial matters.
- Two important things today, then mark this down as a productive day.
- Three important things today, then you deserve to celebrate. Three may not seem like much but that puts you in the heavy hitter category.
- Four or more important things today and you've achieved more than many people do in a week or even a month.
- This measurement only works if you don't fudge with the definition of what is important.
- The amount of time should not be confused with importance. A very important item may be done in a short amount of time and a minor item may consume hours.
- One item of mega-importance can outweigh a bundle of important but less significant achievements.
- Sometimes you don't know what was important until years later.