[Photo by Alvin Mahmudov at Unsplash]
I've found that many people adopt certain habits to provide a slight edge on the small demands of life. Some examples:
- Filling the car's gas tank as soon as it reaches the half-full point.
- Shining shoes on Sunday.
- Showering and shaving at night instead of in the morning.
- Planning meals a week in advance.
- Dedicating certain days for chores such as balancing the checkbook and paying bills.
- Exercising at a set time each day.
- Wearing the same type of clothing every workday; e.g. some men only wear white long-sleeve shirts in order to reduce the number of decisions. [I believe the current French president always wears the same type and color of tie.]