- Fear of failure. The opportunity-killer. Careers are made by seizing opportunities.
- Lack of judgment. Just make sure you don't seize every opportunity. An open door sometimes leads to the basement.
- Fear of success. Beware if you notice that whenever success is within reach, you choose to re-tie your shoe laces or reassess your strategy.
- Perfectionism. You want to do excellent work but a quest for perfectionism can be paralyzing.
- Indiscretion. If saying something will bring intense pleasure, it may be time to edit your words or to embrace an old ally named Silence.
- Sloth. Do your research and get the job done. (Repeat)
- Unreliability. You don't need to be a wizard, but it pays enormously to be known as a reliable performer.
Friday, January 18, 2019
Seven Career Viruses
Posted by Michael Wade at 4:30 AM