- Having a store clerk explain a product while fully intending to purchase the item online.
- Requesting bids from three firms while already knowing which one - without question - will get the contract.
- Buying an item, using it for an event, and then returning it for a refund when that was the plan all along and there is nothing wrong with the product.
- Discovering that a store delivered a more expensive, higher-grade, version of the product you purchased and not reporting the mistake to the store.
- Following the letter but not the spirit of an agreement.