- Always check the address before sending.
- Always check to see if you remembered to attach documents.
- Always check to see if the subject line is correct.
- If the subject has changed over time, update the subject line.
- Give short messages an extra review for clarity.
- Don't use e-mail to discuss sensitive subjects.
- Check the tone as well as the grammar and the spelling.
- Don't engage in e-mail wars. Call or go talk to the person.
- If there is a reasonable chance that the sender would not want their e-mail forwarded, get their permission before doing so. They sent it to you, not to the world.
- Never send an e-mail when you are angry.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
10 E-Mail Rules
Posted by Michael Wade at 12:43 PM