You Just Might Be a Book Lover
You just might be a book lover if:
- You own more than one copy of the same book and it's not the Bible.
- You recall every unreturned book you've ever loaned.
- You buy books but may not read them for five to ten years and that does not bother you in the slightest.
- You have purchased a book at a used bookstore and later, when you looked just inside the cover, found your signature on the title page.
- You underline, mark, and dog-ear pages of some books while treating others as if they are historical artifacts.
- You roll over in bed and find a book or two. Or three.
- You give some authors a second chance but are ruthless with others.
- You get excited whenever you "discover" a good and prolific writer.
- You like the smell of the pages.
- You can remember the book covers of novels you read many years ago.
- You occasionally read some passages out loud.
- You won't read a book if your mood wouldn't do it justice.
- You get nervous at the thought of being trapped on a long flight without a book.
- You often shop at more than three bookstores.
- You know every bookstore within five miles.
- You can remember the first hardback book you purchased.
- You believe that e-books can be convenient but they will never duplicate the experience of holding, and turning the pages of, a fine book.