A Whole Day?
Althouse asked her readers which presidential candidate they'd pick if they had to spend a day with the person.
The results, of course, were interesting. Some of the cleaner comments:
- I'd spend a day with Bernie. Hiking, biking. Maybe paddling. His grandkids could come with us. I'm sure they're fun. I wonder if they have a dog. A Newfie perhaps?
- You've gotta be kidding! Trump of course. Love or hate him, he's Yuge!
Oh wait, on second thought i'd rather listen to boring stories about mailmen and how Jesus loves Lehman brothers and illegal aliens - so it's Kasich.
- Is that a 24 hour day or just daytime? Cuz in daylight they're all boring, but at night Trump could get you into the VIP room at one of those Manhattan clubs with wall-to-wall supermodels.
- I'd like to talk techie with Carly Fiorina, but I hear that Marco Rubio has a nice fishing boat down in Florida. Marco, my man, take us out where the marlin granders are biting and you have my vote for-evah!
- Kasich. With a rolled-up newspaper hidden behind my back, so that I could whap him over the nose for being such a jerk at the debates. Then I'd go home and clean toilets the rest of the day.
- Hillary, because it would hopefully mean hanging out with Bill. Although I support Martin O'Malley, he and spouse Katie don't seem as interesting as Bill.
- Club crawl with Paul, maybe in Memphis, maybe in Nashville. Easy.