Everyone who'd been to the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix told me that it is extraordinary.
I finally visited "The MIM" and reached this conclusion: It is indeed extraordinary.
Here are two videos to give you some background:
What are its secrets? Here are a few:
- A great building design. It is spacious, friendly, and none of the exhibits are crowded.
- Great technology. You simply put on the earphones and the music kicks in when you near an exhibit.
- Huge amounts of variety. If one item does not attract you, another highly interesting exhibit will be nearby.
- Interesting selections. I saw nothing that was boring.
- Friendly staff. They seemed truly happy to be there.
We explored it for several hours and there is still much more to see.