With luck and diligence, maturity brings:
- The knowledge that even very bright people can lapse into foolishness.
- An awareness that time is one of the most valuable commodities in life and yet, unlike many other commodities, it cannot be replaced.
- A realization that most experts are faking it.
- The deep appreciation of gratitude and humility.
- A sincere respect for those who know when to act and when to hesitate.
- An increased ability to spot when something is not quite right.
- An assurance that most worries never become reality.
- An accurate form of introspection; one which usually eludes the young..