A few questions I've been considering while preparing a briefing on Arizona history:
- What are the effects if the major industries are locally-owned or owned by people who live out-of-state?
- What are the effects if a sizable immigrant population can easily go back and forth to the mother country?
- What are the effects if the primary industry is one that cannot be moved?
- What are the values fostered by various industries?
- What are the long-term effects if the local leadership has a culture of cooperation versus one riven by factions?
- What happens if the key decision makers are satisfied with the way things are?
- To what extent does convenience play a role?
- Which area has benefited the most from technology?
- What were the local goals?
- Which industries were prone to communicate across the board and which were insular?