- Social media is generally unsociable.
- Authenticity is over-rated. Insincere kindness beats sincere cruelty.
- The traditional news media bemoan informal news sources but then do everything possible to enhance the appeal of those sources.
- In the game of ideas those who can't score a point can always feign an injury.
- People who barely know their own minds can tell you, in minute detail, the arcane motives of a person whom they've never met.
- The draft did more for the nation than it did for the military..
- .Walk slowly and observe. Read slowly and do the same.
- The government should move several cabinet departments to the Midwest, the Southwest, and the South.
- This may be one of those times in history when the kids won't be all right.
- Hollywood political endorsements should be the kiss of death.
- If the quality of your life is to be depicted by either an email or a handwritten letter, choose the letter.
Friday, August 18, 2017
Lessons of Modern Life
Posted by Michael Wade at 4:30 AM