Just Say No
Some people have difficulty saying no, so I've developed the following as a public service.
17 Ways to Say No
- I don’t do that.
- That doesn’t fit with our current program.
- I wouldn’t be comfortable with that.
- I’ve got to go with my intuition on this and it says, “No.”
- My team/boss/family would kill me if I did that.
- It’s not in our budget.
- I can’t fit it into my schedule.
- My religion won’t permit it.
- I’m already overcommitted.
- Let’s run that by Legal.
- Let’s have a focus group.
- My predecessor was fired for doing that.
- I was once fired for doing that.
- (The Gary Cooper Approach): Nope!
- (The Dennis Hopper Approach): There are two ways that’s going happen: No way and no how.
- (The Hollywood Approach): I love it, baby. It’s a winner!