- Always remember that few of us get to follow saints.
- Choose to be loyal or disloyal. Be either one openly and recognize there is no in-between.
- Hone your skills and make yourself indispensible.
- Don't withhold the full use of your talent.
- Be willing to disobey orders that are unethical or flat-out stupid.
- Don't weaken the team with petty conflicts and don't take conflict underground.
- Anticipate needs and problems and act to address both.
- Never turn in sloppy work.
- Match every problem with at least one serious solution.
- Squander neither resources nor time.
- Make your team members and your boss look good.
- Share credit.
- Take time to understand others.
- Share information but not gossip.
- Be discreet.
- Embarrass no one.
- Listen carefully for what is said and not said.
- Maintain a sense of urgency.
- Have a healthy level of enthusiasm.
- Dissent in a professional manner.
- Don't mistake your personal well-being for that of the team.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Rules of Followership
Posted by Michael Wade at 5:24 AM