- People who give you a very short period of time to decide whether to buy what they are selling are trying to slip something past you.
- It is a mistake to accord automatic trust to companies, unions, or governments.
- Few scoundrels are unethical all the time.
- Being able to spot weasel words is one of the most important skills in life.
- Trusting your intuition that something is wrong is usually wiser than trusting your intuition that something is right.
- Some highly educated people stopped learning twenty or more years ago.
- The more you know about a news topic, the more you are disturbed by the reporting on the news topic.
- Some of the most anti-American people you'll ever meet are Americans.
- Always know the strongest arguments on both sides but don't assume that either side has a strong argument.
- A test of knowledge is whether or not the person can explain the subject in plain language.
- Beware of anyone who is cruel to subordinates.
- It is better to have and not need than to need and not have.
- The most articulate person is not necessarily the wisest but many people will believe that to be the case.
- Celebrity is not the same as greatness.
- Don't kid yourself: Experience matters.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Posted by Michael Wade at 8:42 PM