- Fast and/or garbled voicemail messages that you have to replay five times to decipher what was said.
- Callers who assume that you recognize their voice.
- Secretaries who call and then ask you to hold until their boss comes on the line.
- Late in the evening or early in the morning calls on minor matters.
- Telephone solicitors who act as if they know you.
- The use of cell phones in restaurants.
- Call waiting.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Which of the following do you find to be a lapse of telephone etiquette? Which is the worst?
Posted by Michael Wade at 4:27 PM