Laugh Out Loud Authors - Continued
Several days ago, I requested the names of authors whose work was "laugh-out loud" funny.
Bobbo mentioned "Catch-22" by Joseph Heller as a classic and also noted "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big" by Scott Adams.
Crusty HR Manager likes anything by Bill Bryson. "A Walk in the Woods" is a favorite.
Eclecticity cited "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving and "The Calvin Becker Trilogy" by Frank Schaeffer.
Wally Bock nominated anything by Carl Hiaasen.
To that august list I would add:
- The Adrian Mole novels by Sue Townsend
- "Porterhouse Blue" by Tom Sharpe
- The Flashman novels by George MacDonald Fraser
- "The Last Hurrah" By Edwin O'Connor
- "I Was Dancing" by Edwin O'Connor
- "The Joyous Season" by Patrick Dennis
- "A Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole
- The Dortmunder novels by Donald E. Westlake