If you know something is unjust but are unwilling to do anything to change it, here are time-honored rationalizations for inaction:
- Everyone knows it's a mess and so people should just work around it.
- Nothing can possibly be changed or it would have been changed long ago.
- I'm too busy.
- It didn't affect me. Let those who were harmed by it press for changes.
- The harm it does isn't that big of a deal.
- Perhaps those who are harmed somehow deserve it.
- I can't waste time trying to change every unfairness in life.
- I'm not responsible for that. Let those who are in charge of the program correct it.
- Sure it's wrong but it is not really that uncommon.
- Who's to say that those who are initially harmed aren't eventually helped by the injustice?