No Other Explanation?
"They have it in for me. There's no other explanation."
That's correct. That's the only possible reason unless:
- They have other priorities;
- They have to shift resources elsewhere;
- You failed to make your case;
- They didn't trust you;
- They have a different grasp of the situation;
- The timing isn't right;
- They see a major downside;
- They want to address it later;
- They want more time to think it over;
- They see a crisis on the horizon;
- They like parts of it but not all of it;
- They want to explore other options;
- They want to see what you will do after the proposal is rejected;
- They believe they'll get more out of a different approach;
- They believe your proposal is a quagmire;
- This is new territory for them and their fears have not been put to rest;
- This is familiar territory and they see problems you don't;
- They like your proposal but know their boss won't approve; or
- You've asked them to take too much on faith.