- Written within 24 hours of the event: 10 points.
- Written within three days of the event: 7 points.
- Written a month or more after the event: 2 points
- Not written at all: Minus 10 points.
- Handwritten on fine stationery: 10 points.
- Typed in an email: 5 points.
- Scrawled on a cocktail napkin: 1 point.
- Sent via Instant Messaging: Minus 5 points.
- Addressed to Dear Friend: Minus 20 points.
- Simply expresses sincere thanks: 10 points.
- Drenched in insincerity: Minus 20 points.
- Expresses thanks and asks for a favor: Minus 10 points.
- Expresses thanks in a postscript to a lengthy letter: Minus 5 points.
- Expresses "so mild as to be almost nonexistent" thanks: Minus 5 points.
- Combines thanks with constructive criticism: Minus 10 points.
- Combines sincere thanks with wit: 20 points.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
The Thank You Note Scoring Sheet
Posted by Michael Wade at 3:04 AM