What Your Enemies May Tell You
If you went to your enemies and asked for career advice, what words of misdirection might they pass your way?
Here are a few that I've encountered:
- Do everything to preserve your status by emphasizing symbols of prestige.
- Never compromise.
- Make irreversible decisions quickly.
- Always let others know when they're wrong.
- Don't be judgmental.
- Share your innermost feelings.
- Unleash your sarcastic wit.
- Pay attention to everything.
- Technical competence is everything.
- Focus solely on money.
- Ignore the money.
- Move slowly. You have plenty of time.
- Move quickly. Time is flying by.
- Most people wish you ill.
- No one wishes you ill.
- People expect and demand perfection at all times.
- Those who disagree are ignorant.
- Everybody does it.
- It's never your fault.
- It's always your fault.
- The one with the most toys wins.