- Recognize that any deep thoughts that might wander into your posts won't draw as many visitors as blogs featuring cute kittens.
- Ruthlessly manage your time.
- Write well but don't imagine that you're competing with Tolstoy.
- Seek a distinctive voice.
- Be kind. It wears well.
- Be sure to give credit where it is due.
- Get to the point.
- Treat your blog as if it were a magazine that you'd like to read.
- Never turn the content of your posts into commercials.
- Don't expect to make a lot of money.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
10 Tips for Novice Bloggers
Posted by Michael Wade at 9:29 PM