Looking at the positive side, the behavior of high potential leaders includes:
1. Paces himself/herself by building in regular breaks from work.
2. Spends less time using his/her functional skills and more time encouraging team members to use theirs.
3. Manages workload so that he/she has time for unexpected problems or issues.
4. Focuses less on day to day issues and more on taking advantage of strategic opportunities.
5. Regularly takes time to step back and define or redefine what needs to be done.