Here are some little novels that you'll see hidden in the workplace:
- The person who routinely plays dumb in order to avoid embarrassing others.
- The team members who devote most of their time to sabotaging one another.
- The manager who long ago mistook timidity for deliberation.
- The employee who hates the workplace so much he won't leave until it is perfect.
- The executive who secretly longs to be an artist.
- The director who measures personal success solely in dollars.
- The burnt-out case who is just going through the motions.
- The grizzled veteran who barks at people but genuinely cares for them.
- The smiling chief of staff who'd cut your throat for a quarter.
- The young supervisor who has better judgment than several department heads.
- The quiet technician who is a vast reservoir of untapped knowledge.
- The lawyer who keeps nudging top management to do the right thing.
- The worker who has been looking forward to retirement from the first day on the job.