- "Have I ever lied to you?"
- "I wish I could say no, but I'm not sure."
- "How can you say that?"
- "Easily. You parse words. You will give me important information but only if I ask the right questions. You leave out items. You may not lie, but you deceive. I don't have time for evasions."
- "But I'm much more cooperative than Carol."
- "You are more pleasant. Carol is direct and she can be tough to deal with, but she doesn't play games. I know where she stands. In fact, she is more cooperative than you are because I never have to worry about her commitments. When she says 'Yes,' she doesn't mean 'Perhaps' or 'No.'"
- "I think you are being unfair."
- "Do you really? That's odd. Even now I'm not sure if I should believe you."