Let us not waste time...
- designing rules to control people who do not respect rules;
- sending a memo to all when we really mean it for one;
- investigating which person in a dispute is more to blame when it is evident that the relationship itself is dysfunctional;
- giving motivational pep talks in-between highly demoralizing behavior;
- applying convenient labels that permit us to cease thinking;
- talking when we'd learn more by listening; and
- acting so we can say we acted when in reality we have done nothing of substance.