Father's Day: Some Great Film Fathers
Fathers are well-depicted in these films:
- Friendly Persuasion: Gary Cooper as the Quaker patriarch. Silent strength.
- Taken: Retired CIA agent Liam Neeson racks up a major body count to rescue his daughter.
- Finding Nemo: Nemo's dad (Albert Brooks) fends off sharks and jellyfish to find his son.
- A Christmas Story: Darren McGavin played one of the most realistic dads.
- To Kill a Mockingbird: Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck) sets a high bar for great fathers.
- Fiddler on the Roof: What father doesn't identify with Tevya?