- Always keeping score.
- Worrying about who got the most.
- Worrying about whether you are being hustled.
- Being biased because of race, class, and other ridiculous prejudices.
- Focusing on equal result instead of equal opportunity.
- Believing that material achievement is better than sound character.
- Believing that you are the exception.
- Not acknowledging your capacity for stupidity.
- Underestimating yourself.
- Thinking that virtues are unmitigated advantages.
- Believing that you don't have to practice.
- Not learning from your defeats.
- Poorly choosing your friends.
- Living in the past.
- Living in the future.
- Failing to be grateful.
- Letting others set your goals.
- Seeking the approval of fools.
- Acting in accordance with your mood.
Monday, August 05, 2013
Posted by Michael Wade at 4:30 AM