Combining the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor categories, which of the following individuals won three Oscars for acting?
- Spencer Tracy, Clark Gable, and Jack Nicholson.
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Gary Cooper, and Joseph Cotten.
- Dustin Hoffman, Cary Grant, and Gregory Peck.
- John Wayne, Robert Mitchem, and Charles Laughton.
- Jack Nicholson, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Walter Brennan.
- Al Pacino, Peter O'Toole, and Alec Guinness.
- Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, and Humphrey Bogart.
[The correct answer is 5.]