While traveling yesterday, the following thoughts came to me:
- I"m driving a car that would have been considered a space ship by people 200 years ago.
- Its speed quickly covers a distance that would have taken them days.
- If there is an accident, extraordinary emergency care will be on the scene within a few minutes.
- I am listening to concert performances that equal or surpass the sound of many live performances.
- The highway system alone would be a cause of wonder in many parts of the world.
- I don't need to worry about police officers stopping me to collect bribes.
- The car's air conditioning system is far superior to the "swamp cooler" that cooled the house I grew up in.
- I can see jets flying to places around the nation and the world. That in itself is a miracle.
- There is a phone in my pocket and it provides access to a library of books.
- When I get to the parking lot, I will call a person in another city for a minimal amount of money and later on email a document so he'll have it within seconds.
Try imagining that in 1815.