Some lines from movie dialogue demand to be used in the workplace. Here are some obvious candidates although some are obscure. See if you can match the line with the film.
[Answers are at the bottom of the post.]
- Marketing "Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."
- Discipline "The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me."
- Community Activists "Tom, those are the Causeheads. They find a world-threatening issue and stick with it for about a week."
- Safety "Mrs. Nordberg, I think we can save your husband's arm. Where would you like it sent?"
- Records Management "It's in that place where I put that thing that time."
- Job Description "I am a river to my people!"
- Motivation "Positive thinking is fine in theory, but whenever I try it on a systematic basis, I end up really depressed."
- Persuasion"She tried to sit on my lap, and I was standing up at the time."
- Corporate-speak "You keep saying that. I do not think it means what you think it means."
- Benefits "I caught you a delicious bass."
- The Competition "Who are those guys?"
- Diversity "What we have here is called 'failure to communicate.'"
- Career Counseling "I just want to say one word to you - just one word.... 'plastics.'"
- Ethics "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms."
- Persistence "As God is my witness, as God is my witness, they're not going to lick me! I'm going to live through this, and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again - no, nor any of my folks! If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill! As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
- Testing "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
- Compliance "Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules."
- Confrontation "That's mighty brave talk for a one-eyed fat man."
- Courtesy "Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me."
- Technology "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
- Appearance "I have a head for business and a bod for sin. Is there anything wrong with that?"
[Answers: 1. As Good As It Gets; 2. Animal House; 3. PCU; 4. The Naked Gun; 5. Hackers; 6. Lawrence of Arabia; 7. Barcelona; 8. The Big Sleep; 9. The Princess Bride; 10. Napoleon Dynamite; 11. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid; 12. Cool Hand Luke; 13. The Graduate; 14. Wall Street; 15. Gone With The Wind; 16. The Silence of the Lambs; 17. Five Easy Pieces; 18. True Grit; 19. Fargo; 20. Batman; 21. Working Girl.]