All of us are familiar with the ice-breaker of picking famous people we'd like to invite for a dinner party. Here's a twist: which fictional characters would you have at your dinner party?
- Dr. Stephen Maturin from the Aubrey-Maturin novels by Patrick O'Brian.
- Hercule Poirot from the Agatha Christie novels.
- Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter books.
- Frank Skeffington from The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor.
- Sherlock Holmes from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Clarice Starling from The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris.
- Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.
- Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- Dirk Struan from Tai-Pan by James Clavell.
- George Smiley from the John LeCarre novels.
- Wilkins Micawber from David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
- Sir Harry Flashman from the Flashman novels by George MacDonald Fraser