Friday, July 13, 2007

Investigating: Who Should

The New York Employment Law Letter has some good advice on who should conduct internal investigations.

One bit of advice I give to clients: When people come in to file an internal discrimination complaint, give them an information sheet describing where else they can file; e.g. federal and state enforcement agencies. It provides a service to the employee, enhances credibility, and sends the signal that you are not afraid of outside scrutiny.

No comments: