The scoundrels are understandable. We know they're weasels. But why don't otherwise good people protest an injustice in the workplace? Some reasons:
- They don't believe it is an injustice.
- The act has been done before and so they see neither reason for protest nor hope for reform.
- They are afraid any protest will harm their career.
- They are worried that if they speak up they may have to do something even bolder.
- They believe it was an injustice but that it did little harm.
- Their influential friends have remained silent.
- They associate complaints with cranks.
- The system that produced the injustice favors them financially.
- The injustice is cloaked in a noble reason and they seize upon that rationalization.
- They are waiting for someone else to speak up.