- That airline executives always fly coach.
- That HR professionals in charge of screening applicants hit the street every five years to look for a job.
- That technical writers pay a fine for every unclear instruction in manuals on how to assemble children's toys.
- That bookstores create a special section for "Dysfunctional Family Fiction."
- That MTV go on sabbatical for fifty years.
- That Hollywood reduce the number of its awards ceremonies by 50 percent.
- That logic be taught in high schools.
- That a new line of fashion be developed for those trapped in baggy shorts and reversed baseball caps.
- That the junior people speak first at all meetings.
- That Subarus be limited to no more than three bumper stickers.
- That all conference rooms have windows.
- That interest groups stop regarding government as a vending machine.
- That every fifth person hired be a maverick.
- That use of the phrase "for the children" by a political leader be the equivalent of saying "I hereby resign."
- That malware, spyware, and adware perpetrators have their assets confiscated and bodies caned prior to serving a life sentence on a Saharan chain gang.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Some Modest Proposals
Posted by Michael Wade at 9:09 AM