- We will not list anything as a job requirement unless it is absolutely needed to do the job.
- We will not recruit for openings that do not exist.
- We will give people a reasonable amount of time to apply.
- We will respect your time and will not make it harder than necessary to complete the application materials.
- We will not use tests that are only vaguely related to the job requirements nor will we use any test, screening mechanism, or "pop" psychology exam that is insulting or ridiculous.
- We will dedicate sufficient time to evaluate the applicants.
- We will tell you if there is an unexpected delay in the evaluation process.
- We will make sure that those who interview people for our positions have been trained.
- We will not ask any inappropriate or discriminatory questions.
- We will not play "gotcha" in the interviewing and selection process nor will we use the interview as a "stress test."
- We will not interview anyone to fill a quota. Anyone who gets an interview will be a serious contender for the position.
- We will be courteous and professional as well as kind and patient.
- We will not lie to you.
- We will gladly and accurately describe the entire selection process.
- We will answer your questions.
- We will let you know the outcome of the process and not leave you wondering if you are still a contender.
- We will not permit a recruitment and selection process to drag out any longer than is necessary.
- We will handle information in a confidential manner and will not gossip about the selection process.
- We will strive to select the best person for the job.
- We will not forget what it is like to look for employment.
- We will regard applicants as people and will recognize that each application may carry many unspoken hopes and dreams.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
What Employers Should Pledge to Job Applicants
Posted by Michael Wade at 5:02 AM