And No Prune Juice
In 1885, a local pharmacist, Charles Alderton, invented the beverage at Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store. His taste treat — a mix of his secret syrup and carbonated water — was an instant success locally. Wade Morrison, the store owner, is credited with changing the drink's name from Waco to Dr Pepper — the period was dropped in the 1950s — who, some say, was the father of a girl he once loved.
Read the rest of the Los Angeles Times story here.