- Do I give this to a committee that may bury it or should it go to a smaller group or an individual?
- If it is a group, have I designated the leader?
- Can the person or group do the job?
- Do I have a clear picture of what is wanted and what is not wanted so that contrast can be conveyed?
- Have I conveyed that picture?
- Have I announced the assignment so others will cooperate with the project?
- Have I delegated enough power to get the job done?
- Are there strings attached that will keep the person returning to me for approval on minor items?
- Does the person have adequate access to needed resources?
- Is there a problem of overlap with any other person or group?
- Does the person know the potential allies and adversaries?
- Have the likely barriers been identified?
- Have I set interim deadlines so problems can be caught early?
- Are the deadlines reasonable and specific?
- Is there a clear understanding of what the situation will be once the assignment is done and which new challenges will await?
Friday, September 23, 2011
Posted by Michael Wade at 6:59 AM