- Know what you want to accomplish.
- Have a theme.
- Always be prepared to present in the most basic manner. Don't rely on technology.
- If possible, avoid the use of PowerPoint. If you use PowerPoint, use only a few slides.
- Don't have them hold their questions.
- Make meaningful eye contact that lets them know you know they are present. [No general gaze.]
- Vary your tone of voice and your rate of speech.
- Don't tell them how to assemble a watch if they only want the time.
- Put them at ease.
- Ask if there are any areas that need elaboration.
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
10 Quick Presentation Tips
Posted by Michael Wade at 4:30 AM