- Shooting bearers of bad news.
- Labeling dissenters as incompetents and malcontents.
- Letting the end justify the means.
- Aiming solely for legal compliance instead of ethical behavior.
- Seeking to be right instead of doing right.
- Justifying questionable behavior by noting that everybody does it or that the competition did it first.
- Punishing technical violations more severely than ethical violations.
- Identifying anything related to the success of the business as being synonymous with good ethics.
- Believing that the top decision makers are so bright that if they favor a course of action, then that course of action must be ethical.
- Valuing toughness over integrity.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Ten Ways That Organizations Encourage Unethical Behavior
Posted by Michael Wade at 7:48 AM