The Path to Weaseldom: A Checklist
Key steps on the way to becoming a full-fledged weasel:
- Lying, which usually will be cloaked as a fib or a fudge or simply not telling the whole truth.
- Evading responsibility.
- Taking credit for the work of others.
- Kissing up to superiors.
- Abusing subordinates.
- Faking expertise.
- Covering up blunders.
- Blaming subordinates or peers.
- Blaming superiors.
- Pretending that selfish actions are really driven by altruism.
- Adopting an attitude of entitlement.
- Pointing to the misconduct of others as justification for ethics violations.
- Dining out for years on the value and significance of one good deed.
- Letting glibness trump sincerity.
- Arguing that what was truly a choice was instead driven by necessity.